Snow and travel disruption at work
Following the snow across much of the UK last week the issue of snow and disruption at work and the inevitable questions about employers obligations has arisen. So in this episode of the podcast I cover what you should do if employees cannot attend at work because of snow.
In this episode I will cover the following:
- Steps you should take to prepare your business for adverse weather.
- Minimum temperatures at work.
- What employee rights are if schools are closed or there is disruption to childcare.
- Why it is important to have a policy in place to deal with snow days.
- Things to consider and options to avoid an employee losing out on pay.
- When unlawful deductions from wages may apply.
- Why it is important to get advice.
- Health and safety considerations
We can help with the relevant procedure and clause for your employment contracts to deal with snow and travel disruption. Please do not hesitate to get in touch for some real life help for your organisation.
If you would like to know more about the HR Harbour Service and how you can get unlimited support from as little as £180 per month please contact me for a no obligation discussion – [email protected] or you can find full details here: HR Harbour
The only data we will hold is your name and email address.
Would you like advice about your situation?
Appointments are available on the telephone or via Skype throughout the UK.
Alternatively we offer face to face appointments on the Isle of Wight, Salisbury, Eastleigh, Southampton, Fareham, Portsmouth, Winchester and surrounding areas in Hampshire.
The information contained in this Podcast and post is provided for guidance and is a snapshot of the law at the time. It is provided for your information only and should not be used as a substitute for obtaining legal advice that it specific to your particular circumstances.
The guidance should not be relied upon in any decision making process. It is strongly recommended that you seek advice before taking action.
Solicitors Isle of Wight | Solicitors Salisbury | Solicitors Eastleigh
HR Isle of Wight | HR Salisbury | HR Eastleigh